The Database Manager is responsible for establishing, managing, and overseeing the development department systems and procedures, including supervision of the full-time Development Assistant as it relates to the database. The Database Manager will work primarily in the Salesforce platform and should have a strong knowledge of data management/CRM systems in general. She/he is accountable for ensuring high quality data capture, gift and financial transaction processing, record-keeping on donor giving and relationship history, financial reporting and reconciliation, and database systems administration, training and support. This full-time position reports to the Assistant Director, Digital and Direct Mail Fundraising.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
OVERSEE FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT, DATABASE INTEGRITY AND DONOR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT PROCESS:
- Manage and maintain integrity of database of 10,000 active donors to ensure impeccable donor records are maintained and that high quality data is available to support relationship building, acknowledgment, stewardship and solicitation efforts.
- Train and oversee Development Assistant on gift-entry and other database tasks.
- Together with the Development Assistant, works to ensure that gift processing, revenue recording, and acknowledgement production are accurate, efficient, and timely.
- Ensure that all gift processing and record-keeping is conducted in compliance with best practices and IRS regulations.
- Provide regular financial reporting, reconciliation and analysis.
- Maintain clear data standards, protocols and process documentation.
- Develop and run standard and custom reports and manipulate data as needed to support fundraising efforts.
- Create mailing lists and complex segmentation of donor data.
- Import/export data to and from Salesforce from other systems.
- Proactively work on continuous data quality improvements, including regular de-duping, to ensure accuracy of donor records.
OTHER SUPPORT TO DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT:
- Research and master Salesforce capabilities; provide training and serve as a Salesforce resource for other staff.
- Support prospect research through database mining and analysis.
- Provide backup support to the Assistant Director, Digital and Direct Mail Fundraising as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors’ degree preferred, or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of experience with a fundraising database, including building queries and reports, importing and exporting data.
- Salesforce experience strongly preferred, including experience using DemandTools.
- Proficient in data manipulation, strong Excel skills and experience working with data sets.
KEY COMPETENCIES (SKILLS, ABILITIES and TRAITS):
- Superior skills in organization, planning and attention to detail.
- Ability to learn software with ease.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to convey technical information clearly to non-technical staff.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY:
The Innocence Project considers the diversity of its workforce to be vital to our organization’s success in meeting its mission. We strongly encourage applicants from all cultures, races, educational backgrounds, life experiences, socio-economic classes, sexual orientations, age, gender, and physical abilities to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is our policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, familial status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics, actual or perceived domestic violence victim status, unemployment status, caregiver status, or any other category protected by law.
To apply, please visit Paycom. Information submitted through this secure site is kept confidential. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to give applicant updates by phone.