The Administrative Assistant provides administrative support to the Development Department and is primarily responsible for gift entry and donor acknowledgment letters, as well as assisting the Director of Development and External Affairs. The Administrative Assistant reports to the Director of Development and External Affairs and works closely with the other members of the Development Department. This is a full-time position that requires no travel.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
GIFT ENTRY AND DONOR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT:
- Responsible for all gift processing, revenue recording, acknowledgment production and ensures all are accurate and timely
ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT including but not limited to the following:
- Update and maintain accuracy of donor records in Salesforce
- Track donor activities and correspondence in Salesforce
- Prepare information packets for new and prospective donors
- Maintain filing systems
- Coordinate and execute mailings
- Assist in coordinating special events, committees, and meetings as needed
- Coordinate and schedule meetings and travel
- Track expenses and submit for processing
- Manage calendars and scheduling for Director and for the department in general
- Respond to donor requests and inquiries
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors’ degree preferred
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel
- Prior experience with donor databases, especially Salesforce
- Ability to learn new software with ease
- Ability to work independently under pressure and with time constraints
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superior skills in organization, planning and attention to details
The salary for this position is competitive and the Innocence Project offers an excellent benefits package, including health, dental and vision insurance, Flexible Spending Account, 401k plan with company-match, and paid Transitcheks.
WORKFORCE DIVERSITY AND EQUAL OPPORTUNITY:
The Innocence Project considers the diversity of its workforce to be vital to our organization’s success in meeting its mission. We strongly encourage applicants from all cultures, races, educational backgrounds, life experiences, socio-economic classes, sexual orientations, age, gender, and physical abilities to apply.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, it is our policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, familial status, marital status, predisposing genetic characteristics, actual or perceived domestic violence victim status, unemployment status, caregiver status, or any other category protected by law.
To apply, please visit Paycom. Information submitted through this secure site is kept confidential. Due to the large volume of applications, we are unable to give applicant updates by phone