Innocence Blog
Report says prosecutors knew Michigan man was innocent before trial
Posted: February 15, 2008 4:20 pm
A Michigan State Police report released this week by attorneys representing Claude McCollum suggests that police and prosecutors proceeded with McCollum’s 2005 murder trial despite video evidence that he could not have been at the crime scene. McCollum was convicted of the murder despite this evidence and he served nearly two years in prison before his release last year.
The Lansing State Journal reported this week that the 2007 Michigan State Police report on the case shows that a detective knew about the video evidence and passed the information to prosecutors. Prosecutors have said they didn’t see the report until the trial was underway, and that they shared it with defense attorneys.
Read the full story here. (Lasing State Journal, 02/13/08)
View an interactive multimedia feature on McCollum’s case.
Tags: Michigan, Claude McCollum

















